Terms and ConditionsDog boarding terms and conditions.
Animals are accepted for boarding at Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels reserve the right to amend, revise or alter these Terms & Conditions of Boarding at our discretion and without prior notice to owners.
- By admitting the animal, the owner acknowledges acceptance of these Terms & Conditions of Boarding.
- The owner specifically represents that they are the owner of the animal. Where joint owners reside at the same address, one owner’s acceptance of these Terms & Conditions of Boarding will be deemed to be the acceptance of all joint owners. Where joint owners do not reside at the same address, each owner must accept these Terms & Conditions of Boarding individually.
- Boarding refers to a period of stay of any duration at Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels, regardless of whether an overnight stay is included.
- Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels reserves the right to refuse any animal for boarding for any reason whatsoever.
- Animals will not be admitted if they show any aggression towards humans
- Entire female animals will not be admitted whilst in season.
- Animals will be housed separately, except where Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels has evaluated animals from the same family and in their sole discretion has determined that they are suitable for shared housing. Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels’ decision is final in this matter.
- All animals including those from the same family are assessed individually to determine suitability for communal playtime.
Admission & Collection
- The owner agrees to provide their full contact details, as well as an alternative emergency contact name and number covering the period of boarding.
- The owner agrees to provide full and correct details of their animal to Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels. The owner expressly agrees that no information has been knowingly withheld that might reasonably affect the well-being or safety of the animal, of any other animal attending Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels, or of the staff or agents of Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels.
- The owner certifies to the accuracy & completeness of all information provided about themselves and the animal.
- A current vaccination certificate must be presented for all animals prior to boarding. Dogs must have a C5 vaccination given at least 5 days prior to admission, and up-to-date intestinal worming, heartworm, and flea & tick prevention.
- Any items that are to be left with the animal must be clearly labelled with the animal’s name and owner’s surname. Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels will not be liable for any loss or damage to belongings left at the kennels.
- The animal will be released to any person who is prepared to declare that they have the owner’s authority to collect it, unless otherwise instructed by the owner in writing in advance.
- We reserve the right to refuse admissions and collections on certain days, including Christmas Day, New Years Day, Good Friday and Easter Sunday, and any other days determined by us.
- The owner expressly agrees that animals are boarded entirely at the owner’s risk, and that the owner takes full liability for any and all acts or behaviour of the animal including injury to other animals or persons whilst in the care of Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels.
- Under no circumstances will Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels, its staff or agents, be held responsible for any illnesses, injuries, or conditions arising during or after boarding. The owner hereby releases them from any liability of any kind whatsoever arising from the animal’s attendance at the kennels, and any participation in any activity at the kennels.
- The owner accepts financial liability for any damage caused by the animal to Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels’ property.
Health & Care
- If medical care including administering medications is required a daily medication fee will be payable.
- If the animal has any special needs additional fees may be payable.
- The owner authorises Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels to seek veterinary care for the animal in the event of an illness, injury or accident and to release information regarding the animal to the veterinarian to assist in diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
- If veterinary attention is necessary for an animal, the owner is liable for all expenses and an animal transport fee will be payable.
- Boarding rates are charged for each calendar day from the arrival date to the departure date.
- The boarding rates charged will be those in effect on each of the dates of stay.
- If the period of boarding includes an NSW public holiday then a surcharge will be applied per animal, per public holiday date, regardless of drop off or collection time.
- All bookings during NSW school holiday periods and holiday periods such as Christmas and Easter must be secured with a deposit. Refunds of deposits are subject to our Cancellation / Amendment policy.
- Cancellation or amendment of holiday bookings are subject to our Cancellation / Amendment policy and may incur an Admin Fee.
- The full period booked will be charged during NSW school holiday periods and holiday periods such as Christmas and Easter.
- Fees must be settled in full at admission for all bookings during NSW school holiday periods and holiday periods such as Christmas and Easter.
- The owner agrees to pay all fees for additional services and all veterinary costs for the animal during the period of boarding.
- All fees incurred during the period of boarding must be paid in full prior to departure.
- Fees settled using credit or debit cards may incur a surcharge to cover the additional costs imposed by the merchant services providers.
Consent to Use Photographs
- The owner provides consent for Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels to use photographs and videos of the animal on our website and social media.